We are looking for an enthusiastic and ambitious individual to join our fast growing London team.
L’atelier des Chefs is a cookery school and events venue with a site in London’s West End and a second site in the City of London. We are one of the largest cookery schools in the UK, welcoming over 24,000 clients to our Wigmore Street and St Paul's units in 2012.
L’atelier des Chefs also has a significant and fast-growing events business. We host corporate team building and client hospitality events, along with PR and product launches. Our strategically located venues provide a professional yet relaxed environment and can accommodate groups of 12-180 people.
In addition we have immediate and sustained expansion plans both in London and throughout the UK.
The successful candidate will assist with the smooth running of the cookery school and will be responsible across many aspects of the organization and direct management of areas of the venue. Responsibilities will include:
• Welcoming clients and acting as a L’atelier des Chefs Brand Ambassador.
• An understanding of and passion for sales.
• Development of relationships with local businesses to drive awareness, public class occupancy rates and to develop the notoriety of the wider L’atelier des Chefs concept.
• Organisation and hosting of public classes and private events.
• Stock and purchase management.
• Liaising with the chefs and Front of House to ensure the smooth running of public classes and private events.
• Investigate the development of new classes and event based on strategic analysis of historical proprietary data, market trends and discussions within existing database.
The successful candidate will be confident, hard-working and adept at multi-tasking. We are looking for a confident and motivated self-starter with a demonstrable will to win and a desire to develop as a key contributor to the growth of the business. Prior experience within the hospitality industry is not essential, though a background within sales and a successful track record will be beneficial.
Experience of working in a team and excellent communication skills are essential, as is as the ability to work efficiently within a busy and rapidly changing environment. L’atelier des Chefs is a fast moving and highly innovative business, attributes which will be highly valued and developed in the successful candidate. Fluency in English and the ability to interact with people in a confident manner is essential.